Chicken 65 Recipe
Chicken 65 is easy to cook and popular snack from South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The recipe is prepared using chicken marinated in various spices and yoghurt. This crispy and tangy dish is perfect finger food for occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, kitty parties and more..
- Chicken cut into bite-sized pieces – 450 gms
- Coriander powder – 3 tbsp
- Yogurt (or curd) – 4 tbsp
- Green chilli – 4 no.
- Refined oil -2 tbsp
- Red chilli powder – a pinch
- Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6-10 no.
- Tomato ketchup – 4 tbsp
- Salt to Taste
- Take a mixing bowl and add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, yogurt and salt together. Add chicken pieces – cut in bite-sized pieces – to the marinade.
- Coat well the chicken pieces and keep it aside for 4-6 hours so the chicken pieces can absorb the flavours well.
- Take a thick bottomed pan and heat oil on medium flame. Once the oil is heated, add marinated chicken pieces and shallow fry them till cooked.
- Remove the chicken pieces and transfer them in a separate pan. Cook it over low flame without oil. This will make the chicken crispy. Now add green chillies, curry leaves and ketchup.
- Mix well till chicken pieces are well coated and continue to cook over medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Transfer chicken 65 in a serving bowl and garnish it with chopped spring onions. Serve hot.