Methi Malai Matar
How to Cook Restaurant Style Methi Malai Matar in 45 Minutes?
Think of a famous vegetarian Indian dish, and Methi Malai Matar will the first one to pop in your mind! A please-all dish, Methi Malai Matar is liked by everyone. Whether it’s a kid or an adult, one can’t resist the creamy and aromatic flavours of this curry.
The mildly sweet taste of the curry is perfectly complemented by the addictive taste of fenugreek leaves. The freshly ground spices give it a strong flavour and lingering aroma, while judicious use of poppy seeds and cashews give it a lusciously creamy mouthful.
Get ready to note the ingredients and recipe for Methi Malai Matter!
- Chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves – 2 cups
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Chopped onion – 1 No.
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 No. (large)
- Green peas- 1 cup
- Cream – ½ cup
- Garam masala – 1 tbsp
- Cooking oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
To Make Paste:
- Green chillies – 4
- Cashew nuts – 2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Put green chillies, cashews, poppy seeds, ginger garlic paste in a blender. Add some water and blend it into a smooth paste.
- Add some salt in the chopped fenugreek leaves and keep it aside for a while.
- Take cooking oil in a cooking pan and heat it on medium flame. Once, the oil is properly heated, add cumin seeds. Let it crackle and add onions. Saute the onions till it turns translucent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes to the onions and let it cook for 5 minutes. You can also add tomato puree.
- Now add the paste we prepared in onion and tomato mix. Cook it for a couple of minutes. Add garam masala powder and salt. Mix everything well and let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Now add fenugreek leaves. Before adding the leaves, make sure you’ve drained the access water. Put in boiled green peas. Now mix everything well.
- Finally, add a dollop of cream and let it cook for another 10 minutes on low to medium flame. Add water, if the consistency is too thick.
- Transfer methi malai matar in the serving bowl. Serve it piping hot with Rotis or laccha paratha.