Who says vegetables are boring!
This creamy, tangy, mildly spicy and saucy curry is the best way to eat those boring veggies.
Vegetable Korma or Veg Korma is a famous Indian dish. The recipe varies from region to region. For example: South Indian Veg Korma has coconut milk as the base for curry.
Here, we will give a quick and easy recipe to prepare Veg Korma in North Indian Style. So, let’s get started!
Preparation Time: 20 – 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 1/4 cup of chopped French beans
- 1/4 cup of diced carrots
- 1/4 cup of diced Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of Green Peas
- 1/2 Peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 large finely chopped Onion
- 1 large finely chopped Tomato
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 piece Bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- A large Pinch of T uremic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin + Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic-ginger paste
- 2 teaspoon of oil/butter or clarified butter (ghee)
To prepare the Paste:
- 2 teaspoon of Poppy seeds (Khas-Khas)
- 1/4 Blanched Cashew or Almonds (based on availability)
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- 1 big green cardamom
- 1 clove
- A small piece of Cinnamon
- 4-5 black peppercorns
How to prepare the Paste:
- Soak Poppy seeds in 2 tablespoon of hot water for around 15 minutes. Soak cashews in 1/4 cup hot water.
Note: If you are taking Almonds, instead of Cashew, use blanched almonds.
- Drain excess water from cashews. Now add the soaked cashews and poppy seeds in a grinder. You can take poppy seeds along with water.
- Add green chilli, clove, cardamon, cinnamon and peppercorns in the grinder. Now, make a smooth paste. If required add water to maintain the consistency.
Your Paste is ready. Keep it aside.
To Prepare the Curry
- Boil the assorted veggies – Cauliflower, potatoes, french beans, green peas and carrots.
Note: Make sure you par-boil the veggies.
- Take a pan. Add oil/butter/ghee in the pan and heat. Now add bay leaf and onion. Saute the onion on medium flame till it takes a brown hue.
- Now add chopped tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes till they become soft.
- After the tomatoes are cooked, add prepared paste. Stir it continuously to avoid sticking. Add a little water if required.
- Once the paste is cooked, add beaten curd. Stir it well and let it cook for a minute.
- Now add the spices – red chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder. Let it simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Once the oil starts leaving the side of the pan, add the par-boiled vegetables.
- Mix it well. Turn the flame slow and let is cook for another 5-10 minutes. The curry will start thickening. Make you to stir it regularly to avoid sticking.
- Turn off the flame and get Veg Korma in the serving bowl. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and sprinkle some cream over it.
- Your Veg Korma is ready to serve. Serve it hot with Laccha Parantha, Roti or Naan! You can also serve the piping hot Korma with steamed rice.
Enjoy this delicious dish in a cold water!