Tandoori Mushroom – Recipe
Healthy and tasty, tandoori mushrooms is a famous starter served in the Indian restaurants.
Button mushrooms, along with assorted veggies are marinated in an exotic mix of spices, later grilled for a smokey flavour.
Here’s a step-by-step recipe for Tandoori Mushroom:
- Medium- sized button mushrooms – 15 No.
- Diced assorted bell pepper.
- Diced large onion – 1 No.
- Diced large tomato – 1 No.
For Marination :
- Sour Cream- 1/2 cup
- Gram flour/Besan – 1 tbsp
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder – 1⁄2 tsp
- White pepper – 1⁄2 tsp
- Plain Greek yogurt – 3 tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Add ginger- garlic paste, salt, cumin, lemon juice, oil, chilli powder, turmeric and white pepper in a bowl. Mix it well.
- Now add sour cream and Greek yogurt to the spices mix. Whisk well to mix everything. Your marinade is ready.
- Now add the mushrooms to the marinade and cover the bowl with cling tape. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven at 250 degrees Celsius. Thread the marinated mushrooms to the skewers and place in the oven. Cook it until browned and tender.
- Brush little butter on the mushrooms and serve it hot with chutney or tea.