Add some sweetness to your life!
Shahi Pistachio Kulfi is a frozen Indian dessert prepared by boiling and reducing the milk. Condiments like cardamom, saffron and sugar are added to milk. You can also add different flavours and nuts to add a twist to its taste.
Here, we will share the recipe of making Shahi Pistachio Kulfi where a generous amount of Pistachio is added to the milk.
- 1-litre full cream milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 4-5 Green cardamoms
- 10-12 shredded and blanched almonds
- 3 Tbsp shredded Pistachios
- A drop of Pistachio food flavouring (optional)
- Popsicle mould
- Boil the milk in a heavy-based pan and simmer it over medium heat. Keep stirring the milk from time to time to avoid scorching.
- Simmer till the milk reduces to half. Usually, milk takes take about 30-40 minutes to thicken.
- When the milk is cooked, the colour of milk will turn into beige cream and bubbles will start appearing at the centre of the pan.
- Now add sugar and saffron (mixed with a little water). Bring the milk to a boil and simmer it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add cardamon and turn off the heat. When the mixture cools down add the nuts. Add pistachio flavouring, if you want. Mix it well and pour in the popsicle moulds.
- Put the mixture in the freezer for at least 10-12 hours.
- De-mould the kulfi and garnish it with a strand of saffron and nuts.
Enjoy delicious Shahi Pistachio Kulfi after a hearty meal.