Palak Paneer Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pureed spinach
- 500 gm paneer-cubed and lightly fried
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup onions-grated
- 1 cup tomatoes-chopped fine
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp powdered red pepper
- 1 tsp powdered coriander seeds
- Heat oil and add cumin in a pan. When it stutters, add bay leaf, ginger and the garlic, and pan-fry till light brown.
- Add onions and sauté till they are golden-brown. Now add tomatoes and stir fry over medium heat.
- When oil settles, add the salt,garam masala, powdered coriander seeds and the red pepper and stir well.
- Add spinach and deep-fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pieces of paneer.
- Turn around a few times and serve hot.