Food tastes the best when combined together. We may prepare the best curries and vegetables from the recipes but if there is no bread to accompany that, the menu feels incomplete. Bread plays an important role not only in accompanying the curries but also gives us the required nutrition we lack from our curries and other diets.
At tandoori flames, our chefs love baking different kinds of bread, selected specifically from each part of India. It is one of our specialties.
Today we have a very special bread recipe to share with you that is very easy to make and serve. Mint bread or mint naan has many health benefits and also helps in cooling down the body along with aiding in the easy digestion process.
Let’s see how you can enjoy this tonight:
- Oil or ghee
- Mint leaves
- Green chilly
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- All-Purpose Flour or Whole-Wheat Flour
RECIPE FOR MINT NAAN
- Take mint leaves in a bowl and chop it into small pieces. If you do not like pieces, you can make it into a paste by adding garlic pieces.
- Take all-purpose flour or wheat flour in a large bowl and add salt, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder into it. Mix all of it thoroughly with a big spoon or use a mixture to get the correct consistency.
- Now, take it in a big bowl, add the mixture and yogurt in the same, giving it a proper stir till it becomes a soft dough.
- Make small balls of it and stab it by both the hands till it becomes your palm size at least.
- Take a pot and spread oil in the interiors in an appropriate proportion.
- Stick the dough rounds inside the pot in the equal distance and cover it with the lid on low flame.
- Keep it for 25-30 long minutes
- Now, open the lid and check if the dough has risen up from the normal level.
- Again stab it with both the hands and keep it aside for 30-40 minutes.
- Take a pan and keep it on low flame for 5-8 minutes till it becomes hot enough.
- Take one naan piece in your hand and spread water on one of its surfaces.
- Now keep it on low flame on the pan facing the waterside.
- Once it starts showing light brown color, take it off the pan and spread butter or ghee on top of it.
- Now add mint and garlic paste on top of it and serve it hot with any vegetable or curry of your choice.
However, if you feel to just take some rest and keep this for some other day, you can sit back and order mint naan from our place right at your doorsteps. To order, visit https://tandooriflamesmelbourne.com.au/ or call us at 1800 717 616.
Happy dining at home!