Fish Tikka is a highly relished non-vegetarian appetiser with origin to Indian cooking. With traditional Indian preparation, the fish retains its tender taste and turns crispy from outside – giving the most sumptuous experience to the taste buds. The key to the recipe is a good marination in authentic Indian spices.
Ingredients : (Serving 4 people)
For the Marinade :
- Fish fillets cut into chunks – 520 gms
- Garlic cloves – 3 to 4 in number, roughly chopped
- Ginger – ½”, roughly chopped
- Thick curd or greek yogurt – 1 tbsp
- Mild chili powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- White pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Chickpea flour – 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Wooden skewers – 4 to 5
- Chaat masala for garnish
- Mint chutney
Method of Preparation :
1. Soak the wooden skewers in warm water till the marinade is ready.
2. Add fish to a mixing bowl with the lemon juice and salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. Blend garlic and ginger to a thick and smooth paste.
4. In a separate bowl, add garlic and ginger paste with other marinade ingredients. Mix well and add the fish.
5. Leave the fish to marinate for minimum 15-20 minutes.
6. Preheat the grill to medium/high setting and skewer the fish onto the wooden skewers. Pat the extra marinade on the fish using a brush. Put on the grill for 10-12 mins.
Serve the fish tikka with roti, a lemon slice and mint chutney for exceptional taste.
Best Indian Restaurant is Tandoori Flames and food cooked here is the freshest of all. And if you want to try Fish Tikka, visit Melbourne’s Best Indian Restaurant Tandoori Flames.