DAHI BHALLA CHAAT RECIPE
When we hear or see dahi bhalla chaat, it reminds us of our human life. Both have different flavours sweet and sour and that is what makes it complete. If a single ingredient is left out, the entire taste can be different and unworthy to eat. In the same way, if there are no ups and downs or sweet and sour moments with our fellow humans, life will not be as tasty and tangy as Dahi bhalla chaat.
PAPDI FOR CHAAT
- Oil in sufficient quantity for frying process
- Clarified butter
- ¼ Clean water
- ½ cup flour
- ½ tsp carom seeds
- ½ cup semolina
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of chill
- We need to make a tight dough to make the papdis crispy.
- To prevent the dough from drying fast, collect all the ingredients beforehand and keep it at the nearest distance.
- Take a big bowl or dough making pan. Rub the pan with hot clarified butter
- Now, add the mentioned amount of flour in it and rub it with the applied clarified butter.
- Add semolina to the mixture in the mentioned quantity
- Add salt, cardamom seeds and a pinch of chilly.
- Mix the dry ingredients properly and make sure there is no lump in the dough.
- Now, add clarified butter as per the requirement. This will help the papdis to last for a longer duration.
- Add water till the dough is ready.
- Keep it for 30 minutes
- Now, take the small portions of the dough and roll it into a small round shape.
- Take a fork and prick the papdi rolls with it.
- Keep this for 10 minutes in open
- On the flame of the frying pan
- One by one, put the dough papdis in the oil and fry it.
- Your crispy papdis are ready. You can taste one and enjoy.
- Jaggery is the main ingredient here. Use it in sufficient quantity
- Tamarind pulp
- Caper’s powder
- Dried ginger powder
- Dried mango powder
- Mixture of chili peppers
- Dry spices
- Pinch of rock salt and normal sal
- Take jaggery brick in a bowl and cut it into small pieces
- Take a pan and keep it on low flame.
- Add jaggery and water into it and stir till the mixture turns to thick liquid paste
- Now, add the remaining ingredients and stir well on low flame for 10-12 minutes.
- Drench it with the help of a cotton cloth and let it cool down.
- Keep it in the refrigerator and use it when required
SOUR AND SPICY CHUTNEY
- Lemon as per the taste
- Coriander leaves as per your measurement
- Half quantity of mint leaves in ration of coriander leaves
- Pinch of rock salt and normal salt
- Green chillies and freshly cut small ginger cubes
- Dry spices
- Take a clean bowl, big enough to fit all the ingredients and mix it.
- Now pour the mixture (coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies, ginger cubes) into the blender and make a paste out of it.
- Add the dry spices and both the salts in the mixture
- Keep it in refrigerator for 10 minutes
- Ready to be served
SEV AS TOPPINGS
- Chickpea flour
- Chili powder
- Take a bowl big enough to mix all the ingredients in the same.
- Take chickpea flour and mix it well with your hands. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Add turmeric powder, asafoetida, salt to the dry mixture
- Add oil as per the required quantity and mix once again. Again check there is no lump.
- Keep adding water till the dough is ready. Keep the dough soft.
- Fill it inside the sev making machine and directly drop the mixture in the oil from the machine.
- Turn the sev upside down as soon as you drop it inside the oil or else it will turn brown.
- The crispy sev is ready to be added as toppings
- Take a bowl and add curd
- Add sugar and stir it till the sugar cubes dissolve inside the curd
- Add saffron on the top and keep it in the fridge
- green grams
- black lentils
- cumin seeds
- chironji (Buchanania Lanzan)
- Take a big bowl of water and soak green grams and black lentils in it for 2-3 hours minimum.
- Now, soak the water out of it and wash it with new water.
- Take a blender and add the mix of two into it and make a paste out of it.
- Add cumin seeds and chironji into it
- Mix the batter well and keep it aside for 10 mins
- Now, on the flame of the oil pan and keep it on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Apply oil on your palms
- Take small portions of the batter and start pouring it in the hot oil.
- Fry it till they turn light brown in color
- Keep aside and let the oil spill out
- Now, take a big vessel and soak all the bhallas into water
- Keep it for 3-4 hours this way and store it in refrigerator
DAHI BHALLA CHAAT
|15 minutes||394 kcal|
- Sweet yoghurt
- Sweet chutney
- Sour and spicy chutney
- Coriander leaves
- Take a plate and put the bhallas first.
- Now, break the bhallas from the middle
- Add both the chutneys and cold yoghurt on the top
- Add sev and papdi on the top
- Add coriander leaves
It’s a time consuming process if you are making everything at home but we are sure you will forget the hard work when you taste the dahi bhallas chat. It;s heaven on the earth.
In case, you want to avoid the hustle and directly eat the mouth watering dahi bhalla chaat, you can order with us at https://tandooriflamesmelbourne.com.au/indian-restaurant-dine-in-menu/.
Tandoori flames rank among the best Indian restaurants in Melbourne and we promise you won’t be disappointed and categorise among the best Indian restaurants.