In need of no introduction, Chicken Biryani is a universal favorite. Being the epitome of one-pot delicacies, this simple recipe includes aromatic basmati rice, authentic Indian spices, herbs, tender chicken and traditional preparation to produce the most delectable flavors.
- Chicken – Cut into pieces and skinless
- Garam masala – 2 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1⁄2 tsp
- Mint leaves – ¼ th cup
- Chopped cilantro – ¼ th cup
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Yogurt – ¾ cup
- Salt to taste
- Basmati rice – 3 cups Q
- Ghee – 3 tbsp
- Onions – 2 large, thinly sliced
- Bay leaves – 2
- Salt to taste
- Saffron – 1 tsp, mixed with 1 tbsp warm milk
- Eggs – 6 in number, boiled and shelled (optional)
Method of Preparation :
1. Make the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together. Add chicken and let the marinade coat the pieces evenly. Keep in the refrigerator for minimum 30 minutes.
2. Soak the basmati rice in water and keep aside for 20 minutes.
3. In a pan, add 2 tbsp of ghee and the thinly sliced onions. Stir the onions until golden brown and caramelised. Keep away the half amount for garnish.
4. Add the left 1 tbsp ghee in the caramelised onion pan, add bay leaves and the marinated chicken. Mix well and let cook until tenderness.
5. Drain the rice and gently spread over the cooked chicken. Add salt to taste with 3 cups of water. Let slow cook till the rice is aromatic and fluffed to perfection.
6. Remove from the heat.
7. Garnish with caramelised onions, cilantro, saffron, hard-boiled eggs.
Chicken Biryani can be enjoyed with raita or spicy dal.
Best Indian Restaurant is Tandoori Flames and food cooked here is the freshest of all. And if you want to try Chicken Biryani, visit Melbourne’s Best Indian Restaurant Tandoori Flames.