Being a quick and light recipe, Aloo Zeera is a favorite of many Indian food enthusiasts. Mildly flavored and sauteed with simple spices, this recipe will be a hit for anyone.
- Potatoes – 5 medium sized, boiled, peeled and cut into small cubes
- Cooking oil – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds – 1 to 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – 1/8 teaspoon
- Ginger – thinly sliced, 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies – 2 in number, thinly sliced
- Crushed coriander – 1 to 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mango powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro – 2 tablespoon chopped, for garnish
Method of Preparation :
1. Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan on medium to high heat. Let the cumin seeds crack in the hot oil.
2. Add asafoetida after cumin seeds crack. Also add ginger, green chilies, and the remaining spices. Stir for few seconds.
3. Add potatoes and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes till the spices coat all the potatoes in equal proportion.
4. Turn off the heat and add cilantro. Serve hot.
The leftover aloo zeera can be used in various other recipes, such as chats and more.
Best Indian Restaurant is Tandoori Flames and food cooked here is the freshest of all. And if you want to try Aloo Zeera, visit Melbourne’s Best Indian Restaurant Tandoori Flames.